29 December 2006

The year in review

By Bill Horton
12/29/2006

Wow! 2006 is nearly a bit on the ash pile of
history.

When this year started I was living in frozen
Western Washington. Driving on icy highways to and
from work 80 miles a day. Now I am driving about a
mile both ways.

I have changed everything this year. I no longer
have my little Porsche, I live in America's little
banana republic, Louisiana. “Not the South of North
America but the North of South America.”

My previous employer was rather strict on “sick
days”, I actually am accruing sick time with this
employer. There are interesting prospects on the
horizon as well.

Personally, things are going pretty well. I
took a dramatic pay cut to retire but things are
looking pretty good here. I don't know anyone that is
NOT doing well anymore. This is by far not an
affluent part of the country but most folks here
realize they have to make do with what they have and
not rely on “big brother” for a handout.

I am firmly embedded in the middle-class and damn
happy about it. I wish I could have kept the tax cuts
but for some reason they weren't meant to be, folks
decided to vote them down this past November. C'est
la vie! I make less money now so i will obviously pay
less in federal income tax.

Craw fish are coming into season and the weather
here is a bone chilling 65 degrees today BRRRRRRRR!

New Years 2007, looks interesting. I hope to
make a fortune and live happily ever after, me my
family and a tax shelter here and there should that
fortune come our way! #$@& the federal income tax!

For 2007 I wish each of you all of the best of
life and prosperity in all your pursuits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home