02 March 2007

And they're OFF!

By Bill Horton
3/2/2007

The Presidential race is off!

Do you have a favorite? I don't, not yet. I am
waiting for a conservative to enter the race.

McCain lost his mind 2000, Giuliani isn't what I
have in mind. Romney? Not ready for a shape shifter.
Newt Gingrich would be my pick put I don't feel like
getting into this crap just yet.

Today is my day off, I slapped in some old Steely
Dan and thought of Ft. Lauderdale FL. I went there a
long time ago on my first plane ride. I remember
riding around in a rental listing to the “pop” music
of the day. Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs, you know, the
late 70's. The Hotel across the street from where we
stayed was a “disco” The music was very loud at
night. That was the first time I saw helicopters with
spot lights looking for folks on the ground. They
would fly along the canals at night. Pretty wild.

Anyway, the race for the White House hasn't
grabbed me yet. Do you have a favorite? Is Hillary
the one? How about Osama Obama? Excuse the Ted
Kennedy quote there.

The sun is breaking through here and it is
looking good only about 65 right now but should hit
the high 70's in our winter wonderland!

The little one “can't wait til April” so she can
swim everyday after school.

So, sorry for the scatter-brained piece today but
I am just not feeling the political thing today.

I hope all is going well across these United
States wherever else this my end up.

How about the stock market huh? Barnanke says all
is well, he is right. There were some folks that
started with some tight margins Monday and made a ton
of money selling off some over priced, over inflated
stock. A little profit taking, from time to time, is
not so bad.

I hope you got yours and all is well out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home